BlueLock serves its clients by providing the people, expertise and IT infrastructure in a world-class, SAS 70 certified data center. The company provides Virtual Cloud Computing through Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) where clients subscribe monthly to just the right amount of computing, storage and bandwidth capacity needed today with the ability to grow “on demand” in the future. Their unique IT environments are ideal for Web-facing software applications (also known as software as a service) and IT environments that require high availability and the ability to expand and contract dynamically for production or disaster recovery. Our rapid growth earned BlueLock the accolade of one of 50 Indiana “Companies to Watch” in 2009 by the Indiana Economic Development Corporation. BlueLock, a Collina Ventures company, is privately-held and headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana.
BlueLock is looking for a Controller. This role will be vital to the Finance and Administration team and is being added due to explosive growth.
The Controller would report directly to the Chief Financial Officer. This position is responsible for a variety of accounting, finance and treasury activities. Specific responsibilities will include directing the monthly reporting and daily accounting activities, budgeting, forecasting and planning of the company performance. This is a key position and the individual must have high energy, strong work ethic and experience in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Oversee all aspects of the Company’s accounting functions. Some of these duties include general accounting, operational accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, taxes, internal controls and reconciliations.
2. Coordinates all financial planning and performance analysis activities for the company, covering monthly, quarterly, annual and three-year periods. This includes budgets and forecasts for the company.
3. Coordinate all external activities with public accounting firms and responsible for the overall internal controls for the company.
4. Treasury responsibilities to include preparing weekly rolling 8 week cash flow projections and assisting CFO with management of lines of credit, and banking relationships.
5. Review, management and payment of accounts payable, accrued expenses and outstanding debt.
6. Research on all technical accounting issues to ensure financial statements are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
7. Assist the CFO on a variety of projects including pricing, contracts, strategic planning and deal making.
Ideal Personal Profile:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Business oriented- demonstrate a broad understanding (beyond a narrow functional perspective) of the way a business functions and succeeds.
• Flexible- Able to cope with changing priorities and effectively lead multiple projects in a challenging fast paced results oriented environment.
• Strong computer skills – the individual must have the ability to create complex spreadsheet and database models for decision making.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills—the individual must be an articulate and persuasive communicator, with excellent written communication skills. Clearly a team player who thrives on working with and through people.
• Responsive- Decisive well organized and effective leader able to train, grow and mentor a team.
• Pro-active- Exhibits as sense of urgency with an appropriate balance of sensitivity towards people.
• Sound Judgment—Able to balance the needs of various constituencies. Sensitive to how decisions are made and display a willingness to make decisions quickly but thoughtfully.
• Experience with Netsuite or equivalent system and the ability and track record to expand company usage to provide more effective use of sales, customer and financial information.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree preferably in accounting or finance, and 4 – 8 years of related accounting and financial experience. Strong understanding of accounting and finance principles is required. A CPA, MBA or other advance degree would be preferred.
If you’re a motivated self-starter that shares our commitment to building a world-class organization, you might be the right person for BlueLock. We believe that each employee who joins our staff is important to the success of our company, and that each and every employee makes a difference. The key to our success lies in the hard work, dedication and commitment of our employees, whose accomplishments we recognize with personal acknowledgement, competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and opportunities for personal and professional growth and advancement. We are committed to attracting new employees as we grow as a company, but believe that the key to our long-term success is the retention of current employees
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of a level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
If you want to join one of Indiana’s best employment opportunities, please send your resume to Brian Modiano, CFO firstname.lastname@example.org