Opcode's John Willis, VP of Training, Services, and Evangelism shares insight on cloud computing and their partnership with Bluelock.
Willis compartmentalizes cloud to three functional spaces:
Phase 1, provisioning, involves raw computing resources. Resources are used to create instances.
Phase 2, configuration management, employs instances for desired instrumented servers.
Phase 3, system integration, connects servers to create a functional environment.
Bluelock delivers the cloud computing resources necessary for Phase 1. Bluelock also offers a significant piece of Phase 2, configuration management, to deliver on customer needs. Opscode utilizes cloud instances for Phase 3, system integration. 'Opscode Chef' constructs and delivers the solution built off Bluelock Virtual Datacenter resources.
Comments for Bluelock Partners | Opscodeblog comments powered by Disqus
- Bluelock CTO Pat O'Day named to 2014 Top 101 Trust Leaders in Cloud and Hosting List
- 3 ways to budget for cloud-based disaster recovery
- Dynamic disaster recovery solution available nationwide
- Cloud News Report: Top 3 in Cloud â€“ Week Ending November 6th
- Protect Your Data and Apps from Zombies and Other Disasters