2012 has proven to be an exciting year for Bluelock clients! In January, we introduced the cost projection feature within our Bluelock Portfolio cloud support tool. Today, Bluelock continues the tradition of cloud innovation with the upgrade to VMware vCloud Director 1.5. This upgrade delivers increased cloud agility and makes it even easier to adopt a cloud computing model leveraging existing IT investments.
Ben Miller, our Product Solution Director, reviews the new features and benefits vCloud Director 1.5 provides to Bluelock clients:
Key Features of vCloud Director 1.5
- UI Enhancements – General user interface enhancements, including improved browser support and usability, make building and managing enterprise-level cloud solutions a snap.
- Self-Service VPN – In addition to creating VPN tunnels for hybrid cloud communication to your Virtual Datacenter, you can now automatically configure both sides of the VPN tunnel to reduce time and labor.
- Source-based Firewall Rules – vCloud firewall rules now include source IP address, port, and protocol for increased network granularity and control. Unique network designs in your Virtual Datacenter also benefit from static routing within firewall configurations.
- vCloud API 1.5 – Added vCloud API functionality improves automation and consumption of cloud resources. The new Query API increases developer efficiency and support for free tools like PowerCLI 5.0.1 and vCenter Orchestrator 4.2 sweeten the deal.
- Network Adapter control – You can now specify network adapter type within vCloud Director to take advantage of the universal e1000 adapter, or the more powerful VMXNET3 adapter.
vCloud Director 1.5 allows Bluelock clients to build and leverage secure hybrid cloud resources with ease. We're excited to provide these new virtual datacenter features to our clients! Learn more about vCloud Director 1.5 at Bluelock »