Opcode's John Willis, VP of Training, Services, and Evangelism shares insight on cloud computing and their partnership with Bluelock.
Willis compartmentalizes cloud to three functional spaces:
Phase 1, provisioning, involves raw computing resources. Resources are used to create instances.
Phase 2, configuration management, employs instances for desired instrumented servers.
Phase 3, system integration, connects servers to create a functional environment.
Bluelock delivers the cloud computing resources necessary for Phase 1. Bluelock also offers a significant piece of Phase 2, configuration management, to deliver on customer needs. Opscode utilizes cloud instances for Phase 3, system integration. 'Opscode Chef' constructs and delivers the solution built off Bluelock Virtual Datacenter resources.
Comments for Bluelock Partners | Opscodeblog comments powered by Disqus
- Myth Busting Disaster Recovery: Fact vs. Fiction
- Failover to the Cloud with Disaster Recovery [Video]
- Cloud News Report: Top 3 in Cloud â€“ Week Ending May 15th
- How Are Your Peers Using Cloud for DR?
- Old Apps, New Apps and Non-Virtualized Apps: What to Expect When Youâ€™re In the Cloud; First-Year Tips, Tricks & Tutorials