For the first 19 years of my professional career, I had the privilege of working with a well-known marketing research firm. I designed and analyzed many a survey in my day helping some of the largest companies in the world make better business decisions because of that information. I also learned in that chapter of my career that it was the exception rather than the rule when a survey revealed a surprising finding.
Earlier this week Yankee Group released the report from its 2010 Cloud Computing FastView Study....and there were no surprises to me. One of the more compelling statistics from the survey:
60% of enterprises say they view cloud computing as key to business innovation.
The research director from Yankee Group commented that "Cloud computing is on the cusp of broad enterprise adoption."
As a cloud hosting provider, BlueLock is seeing this movement happen firsthand. It's exciting to be a part of it all, helping our clients realize the value of cloud technology. By the way, it won't surprise me at all to see 60% jump to at least 75% next year.
- Bluelock CTO Pat O'Day named to 2014 Top 101 Trust Leaders in Cloud and Hosting List
- 3 ways to budget for cloud-based disaster recovery
- Dynamic disaster recovery solution available nationwide
- Cloud News Report: Top 3 in Cloud â€“ Week Ending November 6th
- Protect Your Data and Apps from Zombies and Other Disasters