How do you failover to the cloud? Bluelock has partnered with the replication software provider, Zerto for its leading RaaS solution. To demonstrate how their disaster recovery technology takes the pain out of replication and recovery in the cloud, watch the "Disaster Recovery with VMware's vCloud Director" video below.
Bluelock’s RaaS solution leverages Zerto’s replication software to integrate seemlessly with VMware’s vCloud Director. Their complete vCloud 5.1 integration includes native support for components such as vApps, storage profiles, org networks, and provider VDCs. Virtual Replication allows for simple, reliable replication between vSphere and vCloud environments. Watch the video to see how Zerto enables you to recover entire applications, not just data.
Disaster Recovery Video Highlights:
- vCenter Integration - for intuitive management
- Site Pairing Configuration - including real-time recovery point objects (RPOs)
- Perform Test Failover - with full VMware vCloud Director integration
- Guided Failover Process - with an easy-to-follow wizard
- Track All Actions - every action in Zerto is captured as a task in vCenter for logging, troubleshooting and auditing
- View Failover Status - view failover test status at the source site
- View Testing Process - view testing process in vCloud Director
- Complete Failover Testing - Zerto automates all clean-up tasks following the test
- Test Failover Clean-up - non-disruptive failover testing complete with seamless integration by Zerto
What is a Disaster Recovery Failover?
When a declaration occurs, applications failover to the recovery site to preserve uptime. Failover is the process of recovering IT services from an affected production site to a predefined recovery site in the event of a disaster. Cloud-based disaster recovery leverages automation during the failover and failback process for VM creation, reconfiguring IP addresses and executing custom scripts.
What is a RPO?
A RPO, or recovery point objective, is the maximum tolerable period in which data might be lost from an IT service due to a disaster. In the event of a failover declaration, all data up to the RPO is able to be recovered and the gap between the incident and the RPO will likely be lost. So a lower recovery point objective translates to improved disaster recovery protection.
Think of a RPO similar to an auto-save interval on a document you’re editing. Auto-saving your document on a 10-minute interval provides greater protection than a 10-hour interval. In the event your document randomly crashes you’ve lost at most 10-minutes of work, as opposed to 10-hours. Learn more about RPOs »
Bluelock’s unique RaaS solution utilizes Zerto’s enterprise-class business continuity and disaster recovery software. Zerto Virtual Replication is a leading hypervisor-based replication solution for mission-critical applications and replaces traditional array-based BC/DR solutions that were not built to deal with the virtualization paradigm.
What are your business's greatest disaster recovery obstacles?