Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana wasn’t new to creating a Disaster Recovery plan. Four years ago, they spent nearly $250,000 building a traditional DR solution to protect their critical applications—and it worked great the first year. However, after a change in personnel, testing their DR plan in year two proved troublesome, and year three gave them more headaches than benefits.
Goodwill Indy needed to find a new solution. They were already hosting several production applications in Bluelock’s cloud-based Virtual Datacenters and inquired about Bluelock’s Recovery-as-a-Service solution because of its dynamic nature and ability to keep the recovery environment in sync with the production environment on a continuous basis without requiring manual work from his team.
We’re taking a closer look at how Bluelock and Goodwill teamed up to create a Disaster Recovery solution that worked for their needs:
- Scalable disaster recovery and networking solution that would grow in alignment with the production environment it protects
- Minimal work required to align the recovery environment on a daily and long-term basis
- Pay-as-you-go solution that saves money and resources compared to traditional solutions that quickly grew outdated
- Reliable and industry-proven recovery and networking solution that ensures a successful recovery regardless of what disaster strikes
- Certified VMware vCloud® Datacenter service provider that allowed for successful implementation and scalable performance
- Strong service mentality and experienced client support team that provides ongoing support and managed services
- Recovery solution not only easily and affordably tested, but testing is actually encouraged twice annually and included free of charge when prescheduled
- Dynamic networking solution with the security of a private, dedicated Ethernet connection for an efficient, affordable networking experience
Jeff Ton, SVP of Corporate Connectivity and CIO at Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana says, “Bluelock’s Recovery-as-a-Service plus TW Telecom’s Intelligent Network has finally solved our disaster recovery problem not just for right now, but for the future as well.”
Ton continued, “Unlike the previous solutions we used, with Recovery-as-a-Service, we don’t have to worry that it won’t work a year from now. We have confidence that our recovery plan will work when we need it, no matter what.”
Need more proof of the benefits of Bluelock’s solutions? Take a closer look at how a traditional DR sites compares to RaaS.