Seattle-based application delivery networking vendor F5 Networks runs technical user community site devcentral.f5.com, where over 100,000 global IT professionals collaborate with peers to enhance and create solutions to better deliver applications. DevCentral is a key competitive differentiator for F5 Networks, who is the recognized market share and innovative leader in its space. An increased desire to accelerate deployment lifecycles and deliver more features quickly to the community required the DevCentral team to quickly improve the site’s manageability, scalability and lifecycle management without adding headcount or significantly increasing operating costs.
The architecture needed to address typical cloud concerns regarding security and performance while providing a reusable cloud framework that could be used for future F5 cloud projects. And F5’s goal was to fully execute the migration in less than 30 days from contract signing.
“We needed a cloud partner with an enterprise frame of mind not only committed to a successful implementation, but also our long-term success in the cloud—both from a financial and technical perspective. Bluelock was that partner,” said Jeff Browning, Sr. Director, Product Management, F5 Networks.
- Accelerate and optimize DevOps initiatives by improving site manageably, scalability and lifecycle management without adding headcount or significantly increasing operating costs
- Enterprise architecture for the cloud that mirrored architecture normally seen in an internal datacenter
- Architecture needed to address typical cloud concerns regarding security and performance while providing a reusable cloud framework
- Full migration in less than 30 days from contract signing
- Industry-recognized and award-winning cloud hosting provider
- Proven security and compliance
- Thorough history guiding large enterprises through vCloud implementations with knowledge of past lessons learned
- Strong partnership focus and a joint desire for F5’s DevCentral team to succeed in the cloud
- Strong service mentality and experienced client support team that could provide ongoing support and managed services
- New features ship faster with improved DevOps agility
- Valuable information assets and community trust are comprehensively protected
- Scale cloud resources on demand and in line with strategic plans
- Respond quickly and confidently to tactical events and ensure the best community member experience
- Agility of Bluelock Virtual Datacenters while maintaining an architecture and delivery scheme that makes sense to enterprise architects and IT leadership
“With DevCentral’s move to Bluelock’s public cloud environment, we’ve increased DevOps agility, achieving faster, more frequent application updates that optimize development cycles,” said Browning.
To get more insights, download the full case study, F5 Networks DevCentral Online Community Site Improves Performance and Agility with Bluelock Virtual Datacenters.
Here at Bluelock, we believe that there’s no such thing as too much information. That’s why we invite you to take a look at our cloud computing resources.