In the last few weeks, Sun Microsystems finally took direct action for the cloud, and it reorganized its software division to take the cloud computing challenge head-on.
For more about their initiatives, check out a discussion between Dave Douglas and Lew Tucker about Sun's interpretation of the cloud market, the process of converting traditional data centers to virtual server environments and Sun's potential place in the market.
At least one industry expert: James Urquhart - Wisdom of the Clouds was â€śunderwhelmedâ€ť as they spent most of their interview in a â€śhold on we are working on it modeâ€ť rather then providing a true outline of where they are going. What do you think? Was he being too harsh? Listen to the interview and decide for yourself.
- Myth Busting Disaster Recovery: Fact vs. Fiction
- Failover to the Cloud with Disaster Recovery [Video]
- Cloud News Report: Top 3 in Cloud â€“ Week Ending May 15th
- How Are Your Peers Using Cloud for DR?
- Old Apps, New Apps and Non-Virtualized Apps: What to Expect When Youâ€™re In the Cloud; First-Year Tips, Tricks & Tutorials